Monday, September 20, 2010

Next EVF meeting - the power of prayer over PTSD

I welcome all veterans and families and friends of veterans to the next EVF meeting, which will include a discussion about the role of prayer in dealing with PTSD and the scars of battle. I'll kick off the discussion with a few comments on Christian spiritual practices like the Jesus Prayer, Benedictine spirituality, acts of service towards others and the eucharist and then turn the floor over for questions/comments or anyone offering spiritual practices from a variety of spiritual/religious traditions.

This is an open ended conversation, not a lecture, so please be prepared to share with us your insights on this important topic.

When: Wednesday, October 6, 6pm - 8:30pm
Where: Church of the Ascension, 1133 N. LaSalle Blvd. Chicago, IL
What: Evening Prayer at 6pm. Low Mass at 6:20pm. Fellowship and discussion at 7pm.

Hope to see you there, and please tell your friends,

Jim

1 comment:

  1. I am an Episcopalian but not a veteran. Have written a book/memoir with about my own experience with PTSD and the healing power of prayer. Please visit my website: innerworkresources.net and let me know if you would like a copy of my book to review. Thank you.

    Karen Ander Francis

    innerworkresources.net

    ReplyDelete